Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Training Day 2

Today was Day 2 (or 3, depending on your perspective) of Week 1 in my 3-Day training.

I almost didn't make it to the gym, I was just so busy, but I knew I would be upset with myself if I slacked this early in the program. I was only able to squeeze in 20 minutes of treadmill time (1.52 miles), but that is definitely better than none and I am proud of myself for making it a priority in a really busy day.

It would be a lot easier if I had a treadmill at home, but as it is I used the gym at school. There are a lot of young 'uns there, but I just remind myself that I am doing this for a good cause and have no reason to be embarrassed by my shiny, new shoes or the fact that I walk rather than run.

I am thinking of having a shirt made that says "I'm walking to fight breast cancer. You?"

Physically, things today weren't nearly as hard as Monday. It only took me half a mile to get up to my 4 mph speed and the time flew by pretty quickly, considering I forgot my iPod.

My shins are sore right now, but I know of better ways to stretch them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment