Thursday, February 25, 2010

Perspective

Today's workout was tough, I'm not going to lie.

I tried to walk 4 mph for at least two miles of it, but had to drop back to 3.9 mph. And even that was giving me problems. I just couldn't find my stride and then my ankle started spiking with pain. There I had a cramp in my side. Then I was having trouble getting enough oxygen.

When I found myself thinking of going slower than 3.9 mph, however, I suddenly remembered that today is Thursday - the day my friend's mother has her Chemo treatments.

A "moderate" workout is nothing compared to what she is dealing with!

Once that clicked in my silly little brain things went a lot easier. I finally found my stride and pumped out the last mile with few problems. My ankle is still smarting, but I won't worry about that until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment