Friday, February 19, 2010

A leisurely 3 miles

You know, going into today's workout I wasn't too excited.

I stayed up late and woke up early to finish a paper due this morning and only had one class. When my freedom was granted at 12:20 I was really tempted to go home and take a nap.

But, today is the first day all week I haven't had something else to do later, so really there was no excuse.

And when I stepped on the treadmill and set my course I realized just how nice it was to have nowhere to run off to after my workout. There was no rush and no worry. So I set the treadmill for an hour, started at 3 mph and worked my way up to 3.5 mph.

I wouldn't call it leisurely, but it certainly wasn't the same pounding session as Monday's 4 mph session. Overall, I walked 3.34 miles today.

I checked my heart rate throughout and it was always between 130 and 145.

No comments:

Post a Comment