Sunday, July 25, 2010

In case we needed even more inspiration


Following the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure Facebook page usually provides a lot of inspiration - but nothing like the what I felt this weekend as the photos from Boston were posted. Some of the photos calmed my fears ... one brought tears to my eyes ... and the others just got me uber excited for Chicago!

It's so close I can taste it as clearly as I can taste the coffee I'm drinking.

When I signed up for the 3-Day I didn't realize how much inspiration was involved. Sure, I was inspired to do something in the name of my boyfriend's mother.

Along the way, however, I have found so many separate sources of inspiration!

The woman I met on a training walk last month who happened to be wearing a 3-Day hat ... Turns out she is a survivor and she's walked before. She gave me a great pep talk that carried me through the next few weeks of solitary training walks.

The woman I blogged about a couple of weeks ago who just wouldn't give up ... though she's earned the right to stop, in my opinion ...

The photos from Boston ...

The friends I didn't even know I had who have jumped on board to support my efforts ...

The pink flowers planted along my walking routes ...

But now, I've finished the longest walks of my training regimen, have raised almost 75% of the money I need, have several fundraisers in line for the final weekend, and all I can think about is that fact that it's almost here! I didn't need any extra inspiration - in fact, I wouldn't have thought it possible to get any more inspired. Seeing the smiles on the faces in Boston, however, did it. I am so blessed to be part of such an amazing experience. And each step I take in Chicago will be an inspired one.

No comments:

Post a Comment